You can apply to legally change your name if you are over the age of 14 and a resident of New Mexico.
A Name Change requires:
- filing forms at the courthouse
- publishing a notice in the local newspaper
- having a court hearing with a judge
Some reasons people ask to have their name changed include:
- Compliance with the Real ID Act;
- Changing name after marriage or divorce;
- Just want a new name!
Choose which option is best for you:
- Simple way
to change your name.
- You answer our questions.
- We do the paperwork.
- Review and discuss
with a lawyer for up to
30 minutes by telephone.
Consultation$250Meet with a lawyer
- Schedule an Appointment.
Consult with a lawyer
about representing you in your case.
- No Documents Included
Get Simple, Timely and Entertaining Legal Information Right To Your Inbox!